Friday, January 21, 2011

The Cravings Truck

I wanted to love the Cravings Truck, I really, really, really did.  Their menu is creative and fun, the prices are reasonable, their website is well designed, their marketing is amazing, I could go on and on.  So maybe that's why my expectations were so high and with the simplicity of the menu, never thought I could have been disappointed.

We ordered the waffle of the day -- red velvet with the pecan topping -- and The Skinny Boy.  The Skinny Boy is "Fresh cut french fries with a slim beef sausage link top with onions and green peppers" but when I ordered I was asked if I wanted fries.  Hmmmmm, it comes with fries?  They were out of the regular fries so I got the sweet potato fries as a substitute.  When I got my order, the sausage wasn't topped with the onions or peppers.  So I went back for them and that is when my ultimate disappointment set in.  I ordered a sausage and was expecting nice grilled onions and pepper, the kind that I thought were synonymous with a good sausage.  Instead, I got some lightly cooked, randomly sprinkled diced onions and green peppers that maybe I'd expect as an afterthought on a hot dog.

The beef sausage was a little fatty for my taste.  The green peppers and onions were, well, eh.  But the sweet potato fries were delicious!  Nice and moist on the side and crisp on the outside.  Now that brings me to the waffle.  The waffle which we opened immediately was not crisp, at all.  It had already become soggy (assuming at one point it had been crispy) as soon as we got it, for that brief moment in the to go container from the truck to our hands.  The flavor was nice, the topping was dessert perfect sweet.

We'd love to hear from you and your experiences with the Cravings Truck.  We wanted to love the Cravings Truck and to want go back, and maybe with some help we will.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I'm one of the Cravings Truck owners and I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us. My partner and I would love to chat more about how we can improve the next time. Please email us at owners@cravingstruck.com so that we can set something up.

    Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a house proprietor concludes to contain a lone car dock sale, or a 22 persons get simultaneously and get a soccer game going, or one nourishment motor truck drags up in an empty allotment randomly. boom trucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. They use the pit to cook offsite and haul it to the trailer everyday. This pit is a sight to see. Food Truck catering

    ReplyDelete